God is my spotter
- I would rather run a marathon than do a marathon house cleaning session.
- I prefer solo workouts in my home gym as opposed to buddies.
- I really like coffee.
- It is my firm belief God Himself made Reese's Peanut Butter Cups....and that is what I will eat in Heaven. :)
It is on the days that I most want to quit that God is gracious enough to send something or someone to inspire me to move forward. Perhaps it is an unexpected text from a good friend who is "just checking on me". Those make my day. Maybe it's a phone call from my husband who has been out of town for what seems like forever. Some days I happen to stumble upon a blog or tweet that keeps me going.
In the hustle and bustle known as life, I can overlook these seemingly small things as simple coincidences. At the end of the day as I read through my night time devotional, it is as though a fresh breath washes over me to remind me of all that was done for me in that one day.
Hebrews 12:1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us
Here are some examples of His unfailing love for me in just the past few days:
- That moment when I lost all strength and was ready to give in and call it quits.....I received 5 messages in a row thanking me for the posts I make on Facebook :)
- The time I was about to pull out of the competition due to the fact that I felt overwhelmed with prep and honestly like I was NEVER going to be good enough....He sent me to a site of a sweet mother who also happens to be a strong Christian and a figure competitor :)
- The moment my kids schedules got to be too much to handle and I thought I might die from sheer exhaustion....He sent an unexpected night off to recover :)
- The moment(s) of thinking I was doing too much for too many for too little...He had someone post a great note of thanks for all to see.
- The moment I thought I was too weak to carry on and that I could never do the things He has called me to do.....He sent me His very Word to strengthen my Spirit
I encourage you today to stop and take note of the seemingly small things He has done to keep you on course. Each morning, pray that He will guide your steps and guard your tongue. He never changes and is exceedingly faithful to strengthen those who call upon His name. Remember the price paid for you this week.....and honor the One Who paid it all.