I have a serious problem asking for help of any kind. Why? Well, there's plenty of reasons and I could probably list several psychological and social issues, but I'll try a more general approach:
- I honestly don't think people will help. That's terrible right? It's like I just kill the dream right off the bat! My faith in God is what I work on daily, my faith in people has been smashed so many times I have simply allowed it to become altered. The thing I must remind myself is that there is not a single one of us that is perfect, yet God created each heart. So, my lack of faith in people can actually point to a lack of faith period. It's eye opening when you think of it that way.
- I've always tried to be the "fixer". From a young age I just wanted everybody around me to be happy. Yeah, what happened to that right?!? Now, I find myself more confrontational.....growth :). Anyways, I would go above and beyond to "fix" things that I had not even caused. Then when my mom died, I decided to put my big girl panties on a grow up, way up. I figured I had to take care of everybody and everything and I ended up burnt out at a young age.
- I don't like having to convince people to help. This is where it gets all wonky. There are times when I feel like I have to sell people on helping. A lot of times people want to know what's in it for them. Now, this is basic marketing. Since I've run my own businesses for several years, everything tends to fall back into the marketing mindset. The thing is...God doesn't do marketing.
Here I am now, acting upon the call to be obedient and asking for help. What I am working through is pretty big: I have partnered with Children's Hope Chest to raise the funds to build a fitness and wellness center in Chisinau, Moldova. This center will belong to Beginning of Life Ministries.
Here is the synopsis of what we are trying to accomplish together:
- Pray for the people of Chisinau and all those involved in this project.
- Spread the word! Share the site, share the story, encourage others to learn about what really is going on.
- Consider visiting :) I hope to have a team visit while I am staying in Chisinau. This team will be able to see what Beginning of Life does on a daily basis and be able to touch the lives of many. You'll immerse yourself in the culture and even get to enjoy some seriously awesome food. Get your hands dirty for change and I promise YOU will be the one reaping the most benefit.