Saturday, March 16, 2013

Following the Winding Road

I am learning much about trust at this stage in life. I am being shown things daily that make me believe more and more in my Father's love and His heart to provide for me. Though the road before is not a straight path, and at time the visibility is less than desired, I am learning to trust in Him....the One Who created all and breathed purpose into my life.


When my journeys take me to unexpected places with unexpected meetings, I rest in the trust that His will is being done. For months I have uttered one common prayer daily amongst my prayers for those whom I love and care for....I have asked God to weed out the things in my life that are becoming of no use to His calling. I put in my faith in the fact that He would answer...and that he did.

This week I was blessed beyond measure to be able to teach at our church's high school girl's retreat. I wish I could introduce each of you to these wonderful young ladies. Truly, if I was fortunate enough to listen and heed to my convictions as these ladies of such a young age do...I would have avoided much heartache brought on by my own decisions.

During this week I was blessed with zero Internet.....like none. That can be a bit daunting to a blogger right? At any rate, I was able to embrace it, sans one post mid-week :). As I embraced my Internet-less existence, I was able to draw closer to my calling and see the changes that were coming. One word kept coming up in my mind and readings: SIMPLIFY. And that is precisely what I plan to do....

Upon leaving Camp Eagle (which is a wonderful place for retreats!) and hitting the major road, my phone began to blow UP! It was crazy. My dog had gotten out of the gate that morning, the Internet at the house was down (that's how we work our thermostat) and.....the position I have held teaching for six years was being done away with. Yeah, that last one came to me via my employee.

When approached with the fact that the steady income you have been obtaining for 6 years is no longer there....well, there can be a lot of emotions that arise. At first was angry at those involved and the lack of professional courtesy, then I found myself beginning to slip into worry. As soon as I slipped into it though, the Lord was gracious enough to pull me out. I now have a strengthened faith in knowing that it is not my calling to provide.....my calling to is to tell. I teach, write, speak and travel....these are what God has called me to do. And where there is a call, He alone will make a way :)

Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fail."
2 Peter 1:10

No comments:

Post a Comment